If you’re just tuning into this blog series, I’m discussing my favorite natural treatments for Endometriosis. I am not a doctor, I am just sharing my own experience. While there are situations and circumstances where medical therapies are necessary, I truly believe that some homeopathic remedies for Endometriosis are foundational, and should always go hand in hand with medicinal treatments! Today I talk about the castor oil pack for Endometriosis.
I think we all need to understand how we can move away from the dreaded condition and propel our life toward better health, no matter what. In all areas of our life, we must come back to remind ourselves that we are always working toward wellness over the illness.
There are some great natural treatments and remedies you can use to help with the symptoms of Endometriosis. Some of the remedies have proved very successful, and many women with Endometriosis are seeing improvements that go beyond just helping with their symptoms.
Natural Treatments for Endometriosis Pain Relief
Now, let me ask you something. What do you do when you suffer from severe cramps and endometriosis pain?
Me: I minimize my discomfort by curling up with a heating pad or hot water bottle.
Certain natural treatments can help with particular symptoms of Endometriosis – find out which ones could be best for you.
For some time, I’ve used a heating pad when endo pain strikes, but it is only in recent years that I’ve added an ingredient to this heat pack: castor oil. Castor oil pack for Endometriosis is one of the best home remedies I’ve ever tried.
I’ve already told you that in January 2018, I visited a homeopathic doctor in Italy. She gave me a new life without chronic pain, without pills or hormonal treatments. She taught me how to use homeopathic remedies for endometriosis pain relief. I am planning to visit her again in April 2020. That’s when I began my pursuit of nontraditional methods for pain treatment and prevention when I live with Endometriosis.
What are some Natural Remedies to Help with Endometriosis?
You may still wonder…
The bad news: there is still no cure for Endometriosis! And that makes our life more complicated. But there is no time to give up, keep fighting girl, because there are plenty of natural treatments for Endometriosis. We just need to give them a try and to share our experience.
The good news: you have plenty of options when it comes to managing and preventing further Endometriosis symptoms and related illnesses!
As with any major diet and lifestyle changes, it takes at least 6-12 months of consistent change, along with natural therapies to bring about real change in the body when living with Endometriosis. So don’t give up when things get tough!
Castor Oil Pack for Endometriosis (& Why to Do One)
Castor oil pack for endometriosis pain relief? Yes! The castor oil pack has great health benefits and can help with some of the symptoms of Endometriosis.
You can easily do a castor oil pack for Endometriosis yourself at home. You can use a castor oil pack on any areas of the body. Obviously, for menstrual health, you’d apply the pack to the lower abdomen between your pubic bone and your belly button and come out around 7-10cm each side.
Castor oil pack for endometriosis should not be used during the period time, where there is a severe illness or if pregnant.
The idea is to keep castor oil on a piece of cloth on the skin for at least an hour with a heat source to stimulate lymph and liver function. Unlike some “detox” methods, this is not said to have any negative side effects, and there are many accounts of people who noticed immediate better sleep, more energy, and clearing of skin symptoms.
NOTE: Even for external use, I’d consult with a doctor or naturopath to make sure that this natural remedy is OK for you. It should not be used if pregnant or struggling with a medical condition. I also test any new oil (or any substance) on a small part of my arm before using it on a larger area of the body.
Castor Oil itself is widely known for its ability to break up stagnation, and there is some evidence it can have a suppressive effect on tumors, warts, accumulations, and so on. Castor Oil pack for Endometriosis can help you move toward your trouble-free period. The castor oil pack isn’t just for those with Endometriosis. Castor oil pack help with overall circulation, promote ovarian, uterine and fallopian tube health, increase egg quality, and have your lady parts all-around happy! Because of their general promotion of circulation, they are also considered detoxifying.
What it does
Castor Oil Pack is a great tool to help naturally promote reproductive health. It’s recommended a variety of gynecological conditions including:
Castor oil pack harness the anti-inflammatory and lymph stimulating benefits of castor oil but allow safer external use. From a 1999 study:
With a minimal 2-hour therapy period, this study found that castor oil pack produced a “significant” temporary increase in the number of T-11 cells that increased over a 7 hour period following treatment and then returned to normal levels within 24 hours later.
How to apply a castor oil pack for Endometriosis?
There are two common ways to apply castor oil pack on your body:
1. Applying the castor oil pack to your uterus helps:
- Detoxify the uterine environment and reduce inflammation
- Shed stagnant tissue and promote the circulation of fresh oxygenated blood to improve the uterine lining for implantation
- Promote circulation to the ovaries to improve egg quality and quantity
- Prevent build-up of endometrial tissues and soften and resolve Endometriosis and fibroids
- Promote circulation to the uterus to prevent menstrual cramping
2. Applying castor oil pack to your liver helps:
- Detoxify the liver
- Promote relaxation and facilitate balance hormones
- Facilitate the function of the liver. In Chinese medicine, the Liver system is responsible for regulating the menstrual cycle and the smooth flow of blood. Castor oil packs on the liver help it perform these functions effectively.
Benefits of a Castor oil pack for endometriosis symptoms:
- May help reduce the bloat of endo belly
- Helps breakdown scar tissue
- Eases cramping when used on the abdomen
- Calms central nervous system
- Increases lymphatic flow
- Reduces inflammations, pain, and swelling
- Supports liver detox when placed over the liver
- Strengthens immune system
- Supports digestion
PIN THIS FOR LATER
How to Do a Castor Oil Pack for Endometriosis
Castor oil pack is simple to do at home, and I like it because it requires me to be still and relax and read a book for at least an hour (not always easy to accomplish)
What you will need
- High-quality cold-pressed castor oil (I use once from the pharmacy)
- Wool or cotton flannel
- Wrap around pack or plastic wrap
- Hot water bottle
How to Use a Castor Oil Pack
- Heat the castor oil in an enamel-lined, china or glass saucepan, hot enough to put straight onto the skin without scalding;
- Immerse the cloth in it and stir around with tongs, ensuring that it gets thoroughly saturated;
- Meanwhile, cover the bed with a plastic sheet and a large towel to protect the sheets;
- Lift out the saturated cloth and place it over the area to be treated; For Endometriosis, the cloth needs to be placed over the central abdomen area;
- Cover the oil-saturated cloth with the other cloth, which has been soaked in hot water and rung out;
- Now wrap the area securely in the plastic, then a towel, and secure with safety pins;
- Lie down carefully and lay a hot water bottle on the area being treated;
- Leave on overnight, or at least for 2 hours;
- In the morning, strip off the pack and store in a plastic bag so that it can be reused for three or four more treatments ;
- After taking off the pack, wash the area with water to which baking soda has been added. This is to stop any rash from developing. Do not panic if the skin turns red and blotchy. This is temporary and merely a sign of how actively the castor oil is working.
- Washing off the oil is not always necessary – for example if you have just done a 2/3 hour pack before going to bed and don’t want to wear the pack overnight – just wipe off the excess with tissue and leave the rest of the oil to soak in over-night – you will get some added benefits from the oil overnight. You may get a slightly oily nightdress, but it easily washes out.
What you want to do is to take out your cotton flannel, then you lay it on the plastic wrap. The next step is to pour the castor oil over this and completely saturate the side. Then flip it over, and you do the same thing- you pure the castor oil over this and saturate the side.
There is one thing I want you to remember is that the castor oil will steam, so it will not steam in color, but it will steam in texture. So if you have any good clothes on it’s going to ruin them and you will see oil steam. The other thing is that once you saturate this castor oil pack, you never wanna wash this. If you put it into your washing machine, it will ruin it. So, do not wash it, get it completely saturated, and you will be able to reuse this for about three months if you keep it in a refrigerator.
Once you saturated both sides, you pick it up and put it on your liver. Your liver is on your right-hand side of your body. Then you put the hot water bottle on top of it, and then you use an old towel to wrap your self in. You wanna use an old towel because, again, the castor oil will steam everything that it comes in contact with.
DO not heat the castor oil up in the microwave because you can easily burn yourself because the oil will retain that heat. So I just like to use the hot water bottle, and then when I am done, I take the hot water bottle off, and then I pick up my castor oil pack. I full it in half, and then I put it into a plastic baggy.
How often to use castor oil pack for Endometriosis
Use the castor oil pack daily or every other day for 30 to 60 days, except during your period or when bleeding.
For less severe pain try using it three times per week for 30 days, except during your period
Continue less frequently (1-2 times per week) for another 2 or 3 months, eventually reducing use to twice a month
I’ve done a castor oil pack for Endometriosis every night this month (except during my period), and I’ve found it to be very relaxing. It really helps me to fall asleep and I sleep soundly. As I mentioned, I know a lot of women with Endometriosis who’ve had success with castor oil packs to help shrink cysts, decrease bloating, and inflammation. It is a fairly inexpensive method and can be done at home.
So why not give it a shot?
Have you tried a castor oil pack? What results have you experienced?
I’d love to hear from you in the comments below…