Last updated on July 12th, 2020 at 07:39 am
Easy vegan banana pancakes! Perfect for a delicious vegan breakfast topped with sliced bananas and syrup. Light, fluffy and perfect.
I love having a few staple recipes for when bananas are getting too ripe. If you have brown bananas, make some pancakes! I don’t know about you, but me and my husband, we are banana eaters. The 1-year-old also loves them. So I tend to go big and buy a lot of bananas! But no matter what, there’s always a banana or two that get too ripe before we get to them.
I’m not much of a pancake eater myself but I am a pancake-maker expert. For the past 3 years, I have been making pancakes almost weekly for my husband who believe there is no better way to wake up than with a plate full of pancakes.
I like this vegan banana pancakes recipe because it:
- doesn’t have any strange egg replacers. It just relies on the binding powers of bananas!
- doesn’t use refined sugar. It’s sweetened with bananas.
- has the perfect golden crust with a delightful rise.
- has the best flavor and texture I’ve ever had in pancakes.
How do we make the perfect vegan banana pancakes?
Fortunately making the perfect vegan pancakes is super simple! Just put all the ingredients in a food processor until the oats are mixed well.
Cook the pancakes
Once your pancake batter is made, it’s time to cook them!
Getting an even cook on your pancakes is crucial. You want to get both sides of the pancakes lightly golden and crispy while making sure that the center is cooked. This can be difficult so it’s important to be able to get your temperature just right.
Make sure to generously spray your preheated griddle and pour about 1-2 tsp of vegan batter onto the griddle per pancake, leaving about 2 inches between each one. Cook the pancakes until they start to bubble, flip and cook the remaining side until the pancake has risen slightly. This should take 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- 1 ripe banana
- 200 g oat flakes
- 365 ml plant-based milk (I use almond milk)
- Add all ingredients to blender and pulse until smooth and thoroughly mixed.
- Heat a large griddle or pan over medium-high heat.
- Drop about 1/3 cup of the batter onto the griddle.
- Cook until bubbles form, then flip and cook until golden brown on the other side, about 1-2 minutes. Repeat with all the remaining batter.
- Serve with sliced bananas, pure maple syrup, and vegan butter, or some fruits, if desired. Enjoy!
LIKE IT? PIN IT!