Avocado is considered a superfood.
Some would say it is a tiny fruit, while others put it in the medium fruits category.
No matter where you put it, one thing is certain, avocado is great for your hair.
Dryness is the nastiest enemy that your hair can have. It leads to breakage, split ends, frizz, and just bad hair health in general. No matter how much you condition your hair during washes, it does not seem to be enough.
Well, that’s because it’s not.
Why This Works
Olive oil has excellent conditioning properties. The oil is light and does not weigh your hair down. However, it makes a huge difference when it comes to the softness of your hair with just the first use. Honey, on the other hand, is a humectant which helps seal water into the hair shaft, curbing moisture loss. This, in my opinion, is the holy trifecta of hair care when it comes to dealing with dryness and damage.
Avocado is rich in fatty amino acids that coat your hair shaft and help it retain moisture. The natural oils in the fruit provide your hair with long-lasting and deep hydration.
An avocado hair mask can work like magic in transforming your dry, dead locks to a glossy, shiny and flaunt-worthy mane. The good news is that this versatile fruit not only nourishes your hair but also prevents dandruff and revitalises hair. Rich in vitamins B and E, avocados help in the reversal of hair loss, strengthen hair and aid scalp damage. Using an avocado hair mask not only enhances the growth of your mane but also leaves it silky and smooth.Avocados also act as a natural sunscreen that provides a barrier to help protect the hair and scalp against harmful UV rays.
Overall, my hair feels amazing. It hasn’t felt this soft and silky in recent times.
- 1 Ripe Medium Sized Avocado
- 1 tbsp Raw Honey
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- Cut the avocado in small cubes.
- Put in Raw Honey, Olive and Coconut oil.
- Mash everything till it is creamy.
- Start applying this mixture to your hair and scalp. Ensure that you focus on the tips of your hair as these are the oldest and most damaged parts.
- Once your hair is fully covered in the mixture, cover it with a shower cap and apply heat using a blow dryer for about 15 minutes.
- Proceed to wash your hair with cool water and shampoo. Finish with conditioner.
Give it a try!
Let me know how you experience it.
Take care, beautiful soul!
Let’s get social! Come say hello on Facebook or sign up for my newsletter.
- Easy Homemade Body Lotion For Glowing Skin
- How To Reduce Cellulite With Coffee Scrub – DIY Coffee Scrub Recipe
- Homemade Coconut Oil Body Butter