This article has links to products that we may make commission from.
These moist and sweet vegan banana oat pancakes turn dessert into a satisfyingly sweet breakfast.
My family loves it when I decide to make this treat for breakfast: enough so that the whole batch is usually gone within a few hours. They’re a staple for days when we have to get going early.
But who can blame us? They make a great snack or delicious breakfast. You can’t just take one – I like them warm so I heat mine up.
I’ve eaten these vegan banana oat pancakes for breakfast hundreds of times, and they are the absolute best pancakes, in my opinion. And it’s super simple!
These vegan banana oat pancakes also work great as a make ahead and freeze. They can be put in an airtight zipper bag and into the freezer for up to three months. That way you can pull them out at any time and have breakfast minutes away from being served. Or they can be taken out one at a time for a snack when nothing else hits the sweet chocolatey spot.
If you are looking for more vegan sweet treats check out these vegan blueberry muffins.
I like this vegan banana pancakes recipe because it:
- doesn’t have any strange egg replacers. It just relies on the binding powers of bananas!
- doesn’t use refined sugar. It’s sweetened with bananas.
- has the perfect golden crust with a delightful rise.
- has the best flavor and texture I’ve ever had in pancakes.
Tips for Making Vegan Banana Oat Pancakes
Use very ripe or even over ripe bananas for this recipe. This is a great way to get rid of bananas that are a bit past their prime. In this recipe you don’t have to mash the bananas, you can use a blender instead. If you don’t have a blender yet (go directly to Amazon and order one!), you really should consider it.
3 Most Popular Models
How do we make the perfect vegan banana oat pancakes?
Fortunately making the perfect vegan oat pancakes is super simple! Just put all the ingredients in a food processor until the oats are mixed well.
Cook the pancakes
Once your pancake batter is made, it’s time to cook them!
Heat an electric griddle to 400 degrees F, or heat a pan on the stove over medium heat. When the pan is heated, pour about 1/4 cup of batter to make each pancake.
Cook until the top is dry and the bottom is golden brown before flipping and continuing to cook until the other side is golden as well.
Getting an even cook on your vegan banana oat pancakes is crucial. You want to get both sides of the pancakes lightly golden and crispy while making sure that the center is cooked.
This can be difficult so it’s important to be able to get your temperature just right.
Make sure to generously spray your preheated griddle and pour about 1-2 tsp of vegan batter onto the griddle per pancake, leaving about 2 inches between each one.
Cook the pancakes until they start to bubble, flip and cook the remaining side until the pancake has risen slightly. This should take 3 to 4 minutes per side.
Like this recipe? We’d love for you to share it on your Pinterest board!
- 1 ripe banana
- 200 g oat flakes
- 365 ml plant-based milk (I use almond milk)
- Add all ingredients to blender and pulse until smooth and thoroughly mixed.
- Heat a large griddle or pan over medium-high heat.
- Drop about 1/3 cup of the batter onto the griddle.
- Cook until bubbles form, then flip and cook until golden brown on the other side, about 1-2 minutes. Repeat with all the remaining batter.
- Serve with sliced bananas, pure maple syrup, and vegan butter, or some fruits, if desired. Enjoy!